Even though our family isn’t Irish, St. Patrick’s Day has always been one of our favorite holidays. I can’t wait to introduce my daughter to all the fun St. Patrick’s Day traditions! Like many families we’ve made the decision to avoid food dyes as much as possible, so we’ve come up with some ideas to keep St. Patty’s Day fun and festive without green food coloring or artificial colors.
- Serve green foods
- Create a fruit tray using kiwi, green grapes, granny smith apples, green pears and honeydew melon. Click here for our easy and healthy fruit dip recipe.
- Serve a veggie tray using green peppers, celery, cucumbers (with skin on), broccoli, zucchini, green tomatoes and snap peas. Click here for our easy and healthy veggie dip recipe.
- Green lettuce salad
- Green beans
- Brussels sprouts
- Pesto or spinach pasta
2. Try some new healthy, naturally green recipes
3. Find a pot of gold with a rainbow!
Tip: Use corn syrup free homemade marshmallows for a healthier version of the clouds. Click here for recipe by Pioneer Momma.
4. Compliment your green foods with amazing decor! Shamrocks, leprechauns, pots of gold, oh my!
How cute are these homemade St. Patty’s Day decorations?
Be sure to check out our St. Patrick’s Day board on Pinterest! We’ve pinned some awesome craft and decoration ideas from some great bloggers.
What’s your favorite way to celebrate the Luck O’ the Irish? Please share in the comments below.